Monday, February 06, 2006

No Surprises *

We're going down. I went along to the Den on Saturday to see this crap and it confirmed that there is no alternative but for us to be relegated. That a side can see their opponents' keeper going off by half time and for those opponents not to have a substitute keeper on the bench and for those opponents replacing injured keeper with a centre back and for us not to force that centre half turned keeper to make one save says it all - Millwall are pish this season. So it means visits the likes of here, here, here and here next season. But, if things go right, at least I will also be visiting this place and you don't need me to tell you why I would look forward to that! Millwall's defeat even took the shine off Hibs superb win against the forces of darkness, but not by too much.

But a smile did well and truly return to my grumpy jock face when I accompanied messalina over to this place to see an excellent young and upcoming band Columbus and Crusoe - check 'em out here. I get really excited when seeing teenagers (no, I don't mean it like that) play new music, particularly when they do it as good as this four piece. And particularly when they do it as original as this lot. They reminded a little of Belle and Sebastian but they are doing enough of their own stuff to make comparisons with anyone somewhat irelevant.

Can't say I got too excited about Scotland winning at rugby - as I discussed/ranted over at jim's, and much like him, rugby doesn't do much for me.

I'm going to do something really really nice tomorrow night - visit my fantastic new friend - and ah cannae wait!

* Radiohead

10 Comments:

Blogger Anna Lowman (annawaits) said...

Did I notice a slight on my hometown of Doncaster there...?!

11:42 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

A slight against that beautiful town Donnie? No, not at all. I wouldn't dream of it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to visiting Biscuit Billie's for a pre- and post-match pint in Doncaster.

8:17 am  
Blogger Anna Lowman (annawaits) said...

Biscuit Billie's?! Man, you know Doncaster better than I do!

2:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They can join Crewe in "Division 1".

5:43 pm  
Blogger The Blind-Winger Jones said...

This could be freefall and soon you could be keeping us company in the kerazzzzzyyy world of the conference...

You think Donny's bad, you should try and away day at Canvey Island !

9:13 am  
Blogger J.J said...

Please do not remind me about Canvey Island.

Our worst result ever, and on live tele too.

11:53 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:49 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

Anna: I'm up in Donnie in June sometime, so it's biscuit billie's here I come.

Voroshilov: We are both so going down, but, yes, weird that we're going down to League One.

Martyn: Conference? shit, don't even joke about it.

Jane: ha ha ha ha ha ha, you got beat by Canvey feckin Island, ha ha ha ha ha ha. It was so hilarious. Eh, hold on, I'll keep that gloating for England v Trinidad/Sweden/Paraguay!!

9:54 pm  
Blogger J.J said...

I thought you were my friend!

*exits stage left sobbing gently*

8:24 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry

9:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home