Tuesday, January 24, 2006

How Could I Be Wrong *

Aargh, ouch. My gym exercising over the last couple of months has concentrated on running, cycling and rowing, but, this week, I thought I would reintroduce some weight training. The result is that my body is in agony. Why I shared that with you I don't know, but there we go.

Anyway, the point of this post is just to let Darren, in particular, know that I'm off to see Luke Haines play an acoustic show tomorrow night. It was Darren who reminded me about the genius of Haines and I took the baton not long after he posted his New Year's Resolutions - which, inexcusably, is the second last post on his blog. I think he is a lazy boy! So, it will be a bit of a Burns Night do at work, eating some of this lot, drinking some of this lot and then off to enjoy some quality music - I'll keep you posted how it turned out!

Oh, and before I go, I'd like to say that I'm still ecstatic about my fantastic new friend!

* The Auteurs, former band of the aforementioned Luke Haines.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

"ecstatic" is SUCH a great word!

Good to hear you so cheery Reidski.

9:26 am  
Blogger John said...

Enjoy! I bought the Luke Haines Is Dead box set on your recommendation, fool that I am ;0)

Much more mellifluous than I expected. Acoustic should be fun.

10:23 am  
Blogger sonia said...

Hi Reidski,

There is a highly unflattering article about your hero Hugo Chavez in the latest issue of Foreign Policy. I have a post about it here. I am curious what's your take on it.

9:50 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

Lisa, yes, ecstatic is such a great word and an even better feeling!

John, I'm not one for buying outtakes, b-side and session compilations, so I've not got round to that one yet. I would heartily recommend New Wave, Now I'm A Cowboy and After Murder Park, however - they really are works of a musical genius.

Sonia, that Foreign Policy stuff and your post must be a piss-take, surely? You don't actually believe that, do you?

10:18 pm  
Blogger sonia said...

Yes, I do believe it. Why won't you believe it?

10:44 pm  
Blogger shark said...

I didn't take the foto myself, but I apreciate your politeness.
You can find a lot about people by the way they behave on this communication platform.
I'm pretty sure you're a nice person, my virtual colleague.
Sorry if I stumble on my untrainded english writing.
Greetings from Portugal (the "ouch" source...)

5:49 pm  
Blogger shark said...

By the way, I share your apreciation about Hugo Chavez.

5:51 pm  
Blogger shark said...

Untrained, untrained...
(sorry about this overflow of coments)

5:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home