Sunday, January 22, 2006

Fantastic Day *

So up I get with a good old spring in my step. "Should we all go for a nice Sunday morning walk somewhere?" Reidski asks the boy and his mum. "No," the boy says immediately, with a rapid repeat of the same word coming from his mum. Well, Reidski knows that the afternoon is going to be taken up being slumped in front of the box watching game after game of football and thinks that any exercising should be done pronto. So, undeterred by the reaction of the others in the house, I decide to venture forth and get some exercise and some fresh air.

While I love my area, it's not the best for having a walk around, so exercise usually has to take a pause before first of all taking a bus or train ride somewhere. This I done and, not being particularly imaginative so early on a Sunday morning, I chose a well-worn path for me.

A few weeks back, day after Boxing Day to be precise, I went from here to here, but, today, I went the other way, from here to here. On the way I passed this, this and this. The spring is still in the step throughout this walk, with this lot and this lot providing a great soundtrack on the earphones. But I have to be frank, the spring in the step comes from not the music nor the brisk walk in the very fresh air nor the fine fine views I'm seeing along the way. Nah, the spring in the step comes from a lovely lovely evening out last night with an absolutely brilliant fabby person. We went along to this place (introduced to me by messalina a couple of weeks ago - thank you, messalina) and had some excellent pasta and some nice wine. Okay, the food and wine were nice, but, who cares, it was the company I was enjoying. This person is brightening up my life at the moment, making me very happy indeed! I shouldn't say too much cos she may decide to start reading this crappy blog and tell me off for talking about her! Meantime, I'll keep thinking that I'm a really really lucky bastard for meeting her.

* Haircut 100

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww!

8:39 am  
Blogger J.J said...

I don't think she would tell you off for talking about her. I'm guessing she would be very happy indeed that you said such nice things.

11:14 am  
Blogger timesnewroman said...

Most excellent my dear man. Good to see you have a springy step.

7:51 pm  
Blogger Frank Partisan said...

Nice.

8:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lived in London for 4 months and the area between Tower Bridge and London Bridge (City Hall side) was my favorite place to walk and explore. Thanks for reminding me :-)

12:41 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

Thanks for your comments people!

And, Shannon, nice to see a new name here now and again - drop by again sometime.

3:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home