Thursday, April 26, 2007

Something and Nothing *

Things that I really should have been blogging about recently:

  • Can't believe I haven't yet mentioned the wonderful - but far too few - days that the boy and I spent with Mr & Mrs TNR a few weeks back. The food was truly amazing - even the rolls and slice!
  • Crapping my pants when the boy found out about this blog - I love ya wee man, even if your Scottish accent sounds like something from over the Irish Sea!
  • A whole week of bliss with JJ in which we done lots and lots and lots - in fact, read all about it here and here and here and here! For those who read her account, I did not have a strop and nor did I have two strops - I like to think of it as me having had two strange competitive moments while drinking lots and doing a quiz!
  • Spending an amazingly brilliant couple of days with Marc and D, during which D attended the best game of football she has ever been to!
  • The evening I just spent with JJ which was, as always, so lovely, funny, romantic, deep and meaningful and filled with lovely food and drink from here.
  • Celtic winning the league - easily the worst title winners of all time of anywhere in the world ever! But isn't Naka truly gifted?
  • Walking home after midnight last night from New Cross to Brockley and finding lots of smoke in the air and lots of fire engines racing everywhere and nearly being knocked down by a speeding police care screeching down Telegraph Hill and then getting to work this morning and finding out about this. And then reading a quote from a local resident who said that he heard a loud bang, looked out the window, saw a warehouse engulfed in flames, went outside to video it on his mobile and then phoned for the emergency services - a sign of the times indeed!
  • The fact that I hate public transport in London during rush hour in the mornings.
  • The fact that I love it when I can get from north-west London to my house in south-east London outside of rush hour on public transport in less than 30 minutes door to door like I did after waving JJ off tonight.
  • Seeing that Kevin Tihista video over at C&S - must download everything this guy has ever made!
  • Breaking my personal rule of never giving money to jakies - err, I mean street drinkers - as I admired the guy's honesty when asking when he said that he really wanted the money "cos it's fuckin' roastin' and ahm gasping fer a Diamond White!"

I've probably missed some things off here, but that will do for now!

*Wedding Present - fucking annoying how they used to do those strictly 40 minutes' sets, dontcha think?

P.S. Forgot to mention moving house next week - that's pretty major!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger J.J said...

The ONLY football match D has ever been too!!!

8:02 am  
Blogger Martin said...

I'm sure I can sort something for you on the KT front. ;)

11:26 am  
Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Bloody hell! Good luck with the move! and as always, heartwarming to read of you and JJ having such a good time!

1:56 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

JJ - we didn't need to mention that part :-)

Martin - I bow down and kiss your feet with admiration and ... err ... that would be great. And I thought the name sounded familiar, I've read about him before and his obsession with 80s British music.

Lisa - thanks for that and you know that we like to spread the word about our love for one another around as much as we can - yes, we are soppy gits!

2:31 pm  
Blogger timesnewroman said...

Cheers my man for the kind review. We need to get down there soon probably after you move, we'd hate to help - even ferrying your cd collection would be a mammoth task.

How are ye fixed end of May Weekend??? Will your new place vope with visitors, can it be arranged? We can bring inflatable thingy. Bed, I mean Bed.


I have no probs with you winning the League, but did you have to do it at our place with seconds, fucking seconds to go? We hae been so unlucky this season, except against Hibs!

Cheapskate Wedding Present Bastards. I remember going to a brilliant gig, or half a gig in anyone but Gavid Gedge's World.

8:52 pm  
Blogger timesnewroman said...

"cope" not "vope"

8:53 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

tnr - I'm sure it'll be okay by the end of May, so you will both be v welcome. I'll be watching Celtic in the Scottish Cup Final on Saturday May 26th, however, so you can do things on your own that afternoon. Or, alternatively, come down the Marquis with me.

On the subject of Celtic clinching the title at your place ... the Setanta subscription had ran out at the Marquis, so panic then ensued about where the dozen or so Tic boys would see the game. Someone came up with The Little Crown down near Deptford High Street. Now, think of the worst pub in Irvine. The pub that you wouldn't go into if it was the last pub on earth and it had the last pint on earth. Well, times its bad aspects by 100-fold and you have The Little Crown. I'm still trying to cleanse myself.

12:06 pm  
Blogger a r d e e said...

so, you're moving? howdy?

5:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home