Thursday, March 29, 2007

No Glory *

My body aches all over tonight. Started off a wee bit stiff on the legs this morning, but now I can hardly walk. Well, it was the start of our five-a-side football season last night. I realised early in the match that my thrice weekly gym sessions and weekly badminton games are one thing, but playing full-speed-ahead indoor football is quite another. Always enjoyable right enough, even when my shooting was as atrocious as it was last night. I did manage a few goals, one of which was a cracker. But I know I can only improve as the weeks go by. What my body is crying out for tonight is a long soak in a hot bath, but that is not possible and the reason for that is another story for another time.

While I have some trouble walking - and, no, that is not as a result of drinking too much - I have promised JJ that nothing is going to stop me from travelling up to see her tomorrow night. We're planning to go to a particularly fabby looking restaurant/pub in the countryside, so I can't wait for the hugs, kisses and "fat chips" that await!

*Josef K

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger John said...

What you need is a good all-over body massage with bergamot oil.

*ahem*

don't look at me.

10:24 am  
Blogger Martin said...

If you get a chance post-grub you could always try the Broken Shackle Tabernacle at Northampton Labour Club.They've got some decent acts on tonight I believe.

12:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend saw 'The Fall' last night in Brighton...that'd be a rousing evening. Based on 'another post' at 'another site', sounds like you'll be eating the chips solo. You could however, offer her a piece of celery (see earlier blog post!)..

2:32 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

John - massage was well received. And, I did consider asking you at one point, but thought JJ was a slightly better choice.

Martin - I've heard before about good gigs at Northampton Labour Club. Saw your comment too late to get there last night, but we'll keep it in mind for the future.

Marc - I was the one who couldn't eat all the fabulous fat chips, while JJ's plate was empty. The steaks were gorgeous too. I've seen the Fall twice over the years - once when I was pissed and annoying Marc E Smith so much that he bought me a can of lager to get rid of me and another time, in Ayr, when there were about 12 people watching them!

3:26 pm  
Blogger J.J said...

That is why Marc I have to diet on days I don't see Reidski - I can eat far more than he ever can! And looking forward to seeing you soon by the way!

8:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home