Sunday, April 01, 2007

Lazy Sunday Afternoon *

I may have forgot to mention that I'm off work until the 10th April. Oh well, I've mentioned it now. Spent the first afternoon and evening of my holipops with JJ and what a stupendous time we had. Didn't make it to Northampton Labour Club this time but Martin has reminded me of this place's reputation for putting on a decent gig at the weekends. Some months ago, it hosted Columbus and Crusoe, with more on them at a later date.

This afternoon, I'm off down the pub to catch Hibs take on the junior huns. I'm hoping it's the league cup final Hibs that turn up rather than the Hibs who can get mugged by the likes of Motherwell, Dundee United or Dunfermline (I've not checked to see if any of these teams have actually beaten Hibs this season but the Easter Road outfit have given aways stupid points all season to teams they shouldn't have).

Tomorrow I'm off to home town for a few days with the boy, staying with TNR and the wife, so that should be fun. We could have stayed with the boy's cousins but he has declared TNR and his missus to be "really cool" so that's that sorted!

On another front, I see that my boring post on the Lewisham Lib Dems has attracted interest from other Lewisham bloggers, so my hidden identity is being unravelled as we speak. Me being the most handsome man in Lewisham (if I say that place enough, I'll get more hits, I reckon) and the richest man in Lewisham (there it is again) already has heads turned whenever I leave my house, but this interest in the most uninteresting blogger in Lewisham (yes, more hits) will, I suspect, result in hordes of people camping outside my flat.

Err, time to get my coat (for a trip into Lewisham)!

* Small Faces (I think)

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Frank Partisan said...

It is humorous that I didn't understand half of what you said. What is a Lanor Club? It has entertainment? Hibs? Huns?

I'm out of the loop. Huns I can guess.

8:46 pm  
Blogger J.J said...

Have a good time - see you on Friday.

8:56 am  
Blogger Andrew Brown said...

I'm pretty sure its The Kinks that did Lazy Sunday Afternoon.

Feel free to come to the Lewisham bloggers get together and stun us with your beauty and wealth.

4:34 pm  
Blogger cookie monster said...

that long enough? you lazy git!

4:53 pm  
Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Enjoy your "hollipops"!

7:22 pm  
Blogger J.J said...

Definitely the Small Faces.

8:26 pm  
Blogger Holly said...

Hi - di Reidski,have a lovely Easter...dont eat too many eggies!!

10:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are really cool ok THEY ARE!!!! also the most richest man ur not rich if u are i expect better christmas and birthday presents.

6:36 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

Ren - a Labour Club is one which is run by a local Labour Party (that is, the party which is the government in Britain). While the party is now becoming less and less a party of the people, Labour Clubs are a reminder that the organisation was (and still is in many places) one which had a social link with working class communities.

JJ - I think events have overtaken your comments.

Andrew - nae chance, the Kinks done Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon ... different song. But good attempt nevertheless. And I'll keep your invite in mind, but I think my days of meeting people anonymously are at an end.

cookie - and, after tomorrow (Fri 13th) I'm off for another week.

Lisa - thanks, I did and, as you see above, I'm about to have more.

JJ - thanks for the confirmation.

Moo - thanks for your good wishes. I didn't eat to much chocolate. But I was tempted by the reduced prices on the Dairy Milk eggs in Sainsbury's tonight until I thought that a bar of chocolate is probably cheaper and has more chocolate in it.

the boy - visit this blog again and you're a dead boy. And, while you were getting wound up about the pish on this blog, why did you leave some really dodgy stuff on my favourites? Big hugs and kisses to you anyway wee yin!

10:21 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

And back to Moo again - I did have one very excellent eggie. A Green & Black's organic one with crunchy nut mini eggs to go with it. Now, can you guess who got me that most wonderful easter egg I've ever had?

12:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well you told me u replied so i am on for the last tiem to read and also hahahahah lemon party

1:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home