Sunday, January 14, 2007

Times Like These*

"Dad, eggs just fell out of nowhere," the boy has just shouted to me. Dad goes into kitchen to find four eggs smashed on the floor with boy standing at fridge with fridge door open. "What happened," Dad asks. "They just fell," is the reply. "But what were they doing there? I left them on the table," I say. "Yes, but I put them on top of the fridge," he says. Ahhh, we are getting somewhere now, I'm thinking. "So you didn't put them on top of the fridge properly, then." Amazingly he comes back with: "Yes I did. Will you just clean it up and stop saying stupid things." Huge argument ensued and I did all I could not to kick him up the arse. My boy can be a right fucking wee toe-rag at times.

And back to nice things ... just spent a lovely couple of days with JJ celebrating the fact that we met each other a year ago. Funny how things work out. There we were, flirting with each other at our blogs, fancying each other like made, hoping that the impossible would be possible, her saying that she would like to meet up for a drink, me not taking that rather overt hint, her saying again that she'd like us to meet up, me oblivious again to that rather more than overt hint, she saying "for fuck sake, can't you take a hint" and me going: "Right, so when you say you'd like to meet, then that means that you'd like to meet?" It's been a wonderful year and we shall have many more wonderful years.

Right now, just before I go and give my boy a right fucking kicking, I'm off down the boozer to watch Celtic, captained by ex-Jambo Steven Pressley, take on Hearts. Oh, wonder who will win?

* Foo Fighters

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger timesnewroman said...

A year for fuck's sake, wow. Women are really dim when it comes to giving out subtle messages, aren't they.

4:09 pm  
Blogger J.J said...

Yes, when I signed my comment about having a pint Jane x, you bizarrely thought it was some blogger called Jan Ex. Did you ever meet this Jan Ex as a matter of interest???

8:20 am  
Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

How can "let's meet" be too subtle? I think the problem is in it being taken seriously. I mean, how else can you say "the cheque is in the post"?!

Good work though; happy 1 year!

1:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I read your son's Smart Alec ripostes I am reminded of somebody ... older ... now, who is it ... let me see ... oh yes! It's you.

2:21 pm  
Blogger cookie monster said...

i thought your sons reply was egg-ceptional!

i sorry, ill stop now, ill just egg-it blogger and be gone!

sorry, really am stopping now

5:06 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

tnr - no comment on the grounds that I may get a slap on the face tomorrow night!

JJ - yes, I was rather stupid.

Lisa - yes, I am rather stupid. And thanks!

Messaline - you are in for a thrashing on the badminton court this week ... if I play that is!

Cookie - cheeky. But, the more I thought of the lad telling me to stop saying stupid things, the more I think it's quite funny. And my anger dissipated later and we had a good laugh about it.

5:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home