Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I Must Be High *

Well, I must be (high, that is), as I watched Rangers win today and thought it was hilarious. First half was pretty mundane with not a lot happening, then, almost as soon as the whistle blew for the start of the second, everything happened. No exaggeration to say that it was end-to-end fitba, chances galore for both sides, penalty appeals and - best thing about the beautiful game - mass punch up on the field. Okay, I hate football fans fighting each other - fighting for pretty much anything is fucking stupid, but fighting between people on the basis of which colours the people they prefer wear is undeniably pathetic. Fighting among the players, on the other hand, is total entertainment. So thanks to just about every player on the pitch for that one! Rangers quite rightly got a penalty when the 'Well keeper brought down Prso when Prso was about to do fuck all except steer the ball out for a goal kick, so, Smith, you so deserve a boot in the baws for that yin ya pure numpty! Can't believe that Motherwell didn't get the deserved equaliser, but there you go - the 'Tic, after their win against some little team from Ayrshire this afternoon, are still 17 points clear at the top and the league could probably be won by the end of February! And seeing stuff like this gives us hope for the Champions League also!

Btw, I never once thought that I was a saddo as I was the only person in the pub watching the game!

I'm celebrating JJ flying back from her holipops tonight by going down the pub (again) to watch Chelsea v Villa. I still can't bring myself round to wanting ManUre to win the league - I've had a hatred since boyhood for that team, the origin of which I've never worked out - but it would be nice to see Petrov doing something against Chelsea. Villa have been on a truly awful run of late, so we'll see what they can do tonight. In fact, Chelsea haven't been on such a great run themselves, so it could be interesting.

*Wilco

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger timesnewroman said...

"but it would be nice to see Petrov doing something against Chelsea"
Lemme guess....fall down perhaps as close tot he penalty spot as possible????????

8:11 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

tnr - you are a pure fuckin dead whingin chube!

11:17 pm  
Blogger John said...

Well, we kept a clean sheet. Sadly, so did Chelsea, for the first time in quite a while.

We'll take the point and begin the long, hard climb back into a European spot.

Starting with ManUre next week.

4:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Russian rubles against big American dollars -- should be cracker. Could be worse, you could be a Spurs fan....

6:57 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Is "Prso" the Croatian word for "Persil" washing powder? I look into my ball - Villa 0 Chelski 0. Now how's that for prediction? Spooky ey?

1:01 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

John - a thoroughly deserved point, in my opinion. Chelsea did nothing in that game which suggest that they can win the league again. As for ManUre, don't you have two games against them, both league and cup - I'll predict that you win one of them or at least get a draw!

Marc - it could be even worse than that, you could be a Rangers fan!

YP - you have me stumped for a response to that one!

10:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home