Monday, January 08, 2007

Lurgee *

I realised I had a problem with my throat on Friday morning when I visited my former home and opening my mouth to speak to the ex and a weird gruff noise was all that was heard. A drink of water and a clearing of the larynx then made me realise that all was not well in the throat and chest of Reidski. So I felt a bit poorly on Friday, but, being the wee soldier (as my maw would have put it) that I am, I carried on. My only worry was the danger of passing on the bug to JJ when she picked me up from work on Saturday afternoon. So far, so good on that one - and here's hoping. Did I warn her? Well, the paper bag over my head, the warning signs on the front door and pushing her into the spare bedroom were a sure sign, I would have thought. Anyway, I'm sure the minestrone, lime and coriander chicken with potatoes dauphinoise and all those nibbles which I provided were a little consolation if she does succumb. But, then again, she already paid me back for that cooking by bringing down As Good As It Gets, with Jack Nicholson on top form, to watch afterwards.

I then had a good laugh listening to the latest implosion of the forces of darkness yesterday. But my mood on that subject is changing quite a bit, because, what was fun and laughter last week has now become a big huge negative for the Scotland side. Smith and McCoist, along with Tommy Burns, had been doing a great job for the national side and have them in a terrific position in the 2008 European Championship qualifiers. But now the mess from the Govan scum has led Smith to revert to his sectarian and bigoted first love - hope it's a fucking disaster for both him and the huns.

Larsson played a blinder for Manure yesterday in what turned out to be a very tedious affair. So tedious that I even started reading the Saturday Guardian midway through the second half - yes, I know, THAT TEDIOUS! But Henrik's movement, his deft little touches, his passes to Rooney and his goal, were all superb. Funny that the English commentators now think he's a great player cos he's in England but he was only mediocre and untried when he was banging them in for Celtic all over Europe and for Sweden all over the world!

Been listening to Neko Case tonight and been mightily impressed - sounds like a lovely voice she has and nice music to back her. More on that at a later date when I give it more than one listen.

I'm sure I was going to write about something else when I came on here tonight, but can't remember now, so fuck it! For better and more interesting random thoughts, go to Inveresk Street tonight, where Darren has some crackers - I liked his "what was I thinking" comment on listening to Maximo Park a few months back!

*Radiohead

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger J.J said...

No lurgee as yet, but you will be the first to hear about it if I do catch it, believe me!

Think Larsson is the finishing touch who will win Man Utd the Premiership this season. Also, although you won't believe this I am sorry it looks like Smith will leave the Scotland job.

8:16 am  
Blogger timesnewroman said...

That is real bad Lurgee, sounds like the stuff I am still off with and thewife has had for almost a week. Supposed to be a 3 day thing.

Yep Smith is so mad to look backwards.

Hope you slipped some swede into the dauphinoise.

We must get down and visit sometime soon.

11:23 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

JJ - looks like you are immune, thank goodness! And with you on that Larsson call, even if Alan Greene thinks we're going over the top!

tnr - mine was not too bad really, only bad cough and sore throat. Sounds like you and the wife had it much worse. Nah, no swede, stuck strictly to tatties! And of course you should get down sometime soon.

5:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Alan Greene didn't think Larsson would make much of an impression, as he had only played football in Scotland and anyone can look good doing that.

I enjoyed the comedy badminton today, by the way, even though you didn't fall over once.

Yessssss!

3:39 pm  
Blogger John said...

I had the lurgee too. Off wwork yesterday, but I seem to have beaten it.

If you like Neko Case, you'll LOVE her mate Kelly Hogan. I never heard a voice so pure and sexy.

5:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean "swede"? I thought "neeps" was the Scotch for swede.

I got Lily Allen's CD for Christmas and I like her voice. So there.

9:57 am  
Blogger gordon said...

There was me being all smug and thinking I had got away with it, while loads of workmates came back to work complaining of being ill over the holidays. So I suppose it did serve me right when I woke up sweating through the night with my head spinning and not a drop of alcohol having passed my lips.
Can you catch these things on-line?

3:51 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Hope you're feeling better by now. Never mind about the Scottish management team putting their wallets first, you could always get that German chappie back - you know that ugly bastard - was he called Bertie Vogts or something? Failing that how about Alex Ferguson? It would be a great way for him to see out the last years of his managerial career. He's done it all at Man U but I guess he alo likes the feel of his wallet more than anything else.

11:16 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

Messalina - I usually like Alan Green but sometimes he can be a bit of a prat, a la his Larsson opinion and for his stupid opinions on referees ("some of them just want to be the centre of attention" - no they don't you fucking idiot!) Comedy badminton? Moi?

John - good news on your recovery. And I'll definitely be checking out Hogan.

Messalina (again) - neeps is turnip. We don't do swede in Scotland as it's fancy foreign food.

Gordon - are you sure you didn't wake up sweating as it was 3.02 on Saturday afternoon and you heard that the Thistle were 2-0 down? But you would have made a remarkable recovery, much as your team did, by 4.45.

YP - I always defended Vogts, couldn't think what else he could have done really. As for Fergie, we've no chance!

5:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home