Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Good Stuff *

I really really should keep this stupid bloggy stuff up.

That I haven't mentioned yet that I went along to this last week with my fabby and fantastic new friend really is inexcusable - and great night out it was too! Let's not mention the drunk and incoherent Orient fan we had the misfortune of getting accompanied by at our table when trying to enjoy a romantic pre-match drink, however.

And I should have mentioned my attempt at male bonding with the boy over the weekend, which consisted of him staying in his room with his friends all day Saturday. This did give me the opportunity to go for a walk to Greenwich Park to one of my favourite spots in the world, next to the Observatory and its beautiful views over the city. The walk back home wasn't so good though as I witnessed a young woman having her bag snatched by two blokes on bikes. I did give chase but they were a bit too quick for me. It does raise the question, however, as to what I intended to do with them if I ever did catch up ...

Anyway it was back home and the boy eventually emerged from room, sent friends off and we all settled down to watch this, which, I am ashamed to say, was the first time I've ever seen it. I will say the bleeding obvious and describe it as one of the most amazing films I've ever had the pleasure of viewing - everthing about it was magnificent.

Sunday was spent going a little football crazy as I watched game after game after game. I at least interspersed all this football-watching with many laughs with the boy, which led to some scenes of hysterics as the night wore on.

Then it was on to Monday when I enjoyed a wonderful evening with a beautiful, intelligent, humourous, warm, caring and brilliant woman. We made our way for a quick drink here, a glass of wine here and a lovely dinner here - I'll leave out all the other things we done, though, as she may get a bit shy. Roll on Friday when I take a short train ride to see her again!!

Bye the way, I also must update that "Currently Reading" thing on the left - I've finished three books since that Henning Mankell crap - and more on that on another occasion. Time Traveller's Wife was magnificent and a huge weepy. Drama City by Pelecanos was far from his best but still a classic of the crime genre. Bush Falls by ???? (will have to look that one up) was also brilliant contemporary fiction. Maybe I should dedicate a post to these books ...

* B52s

11 Comments:

Blogger J.J said...

Thank you for your discretion over Monday.

We were lucky that policeman was so understanding weren't we?

And yes, roll on Friday.x

8:32 am  
Blogger John said...

Get a room!!!

10:22 am  
Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Am surprised that John didn't suggest to just get a car, or a park bench... no, no, that would be McManus wanting to watch wouldn't it...!

BTW Reidski, glad to hear you finally watched that classic with the boy. Just such a great great film.

10:46 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

Jane - yes, we were!

John - we did.

lisa - McManus is a filthy bugger and I'm sick and tired of him following us around with a video camera! Lucky I have a soft spot for CIA operatives or he would be in trouble!

6:16 pm  
Blogger McManus said...

There's no film in it, so where's the harm?

11:59 am  
Blogger J.J said...

Speaking as an exhibitionist myself.........

errh no, on second thoughts - keep quiet woman.

1:22 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

This correspondence is now officially closed!

This is a good clean family site.

2:11 pm  
Blogger timesnewroman said...

I'm glad to see that despite having such good times you still manage to put finger to key every once in a while.

I'm surprised and not surprised at you having a go at those bikers. i expect once you'd caught up with them and realised the score you'd have scarpered.

There's a whole Carol Reed series at the Glasgow Film Festival, so we will have to go see.

You're still welcome up north you know.

8:53 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

Welcome back yersel, jim. And also glad that you, like Lisa I will note, in venturing beyond the subject matter of the others who have made their comments.

And, on that subject, if I had caught up with those huge blokes, they would have spent a long time in hospital. You haven't seen the results of my gym work in a long time ...

10:43 pm  
Blogger timesnewroman said...

too long a time, we're skint so your due a visit!

7:27 am  
Blogger Frank Partisan said...

You are a colorful guy.

3:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home