Monday, February 13, 2006

Can You See Me Shining? *

This was going to be a long and considered and thoughtful post about my life over the last week. But me delaying writing it all day - despite having day off with not a lot to do - means that it is now a rushed and ill-thought out piece. Oh well.

I wanted to bring to your attention this editorial from the NY Post (sign in needed, but it only takes a few moments and doesn't cost anthing).

I wanted to write about meeting up with an old mate last week and the laughs we had when remembering, among other things, the nights out we used to have, particularly the first nights here to see the likes of this and Macbeth (sorry, can't find a link), with the latter featuring a bloke from the excellent US prison drama OZ. As was per usual at this wonderful place, the nights usually ended with everyone being extremely drunk - I have always wanted to apologise to that young US intern who I was blathering on at after the Peggy Lee show!!!

I also wanted to mention going to see Eddie + the Hot Rods and John Otway at the 100 Club on Friday night and how the night was spoiled somewhat by two of my mates nearly fighting and then me and one of my mates having a row. The music was ace, however!

And I also wanted to mention how, after doing an amazing amount of work on Saturday, I then met up with my fantastic new friend and had a lovely time. Now, I'm sure that it doesn't take too much for some of you to work out who my fantastic new friend is, but let's just say the weekend involved eating here and going to the pub to watch this lot take on the forces of darkness - match report here! A great and wonderful time was had by all - well, two of us anyway. It may be said by others who were in my city at the weekend that the weather spoiled things for them, but I'm not going to cos weekends don't get much better than that, if at all!

*shelleydevoto - which is, yes, you guessed it, a collaboration between Pete and Howard.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Blind-Winger Jones said...

Reidski and Jane, sittin' in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g

7:12 pm  
Blogger J.J said...

Not when the football was on! (Not much any way)

7:21 pm  
Blogger John said...

Never mind that: Eddie and the Hot Rods. Fucking ace!

11:15 am  
Blogger timesnewroman said...

I understand the football was shite. Not that you'll be that bothered as long as you won.

11:43 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

martyn c: it is difficult to kiss while sitting in a tree, but we did give it a go.

jane: not what I remember!

John: They certainly were fucking ace!

jim: football was utter shite. And I was bothered - that this Celtic team are 13 points clear in the league tells us that Scotland is the poorest footballing nation in western Europe.

8:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home