Sunday, December 30, 2007

Let's Go Out Tonight*

Of all the things to cheer you up ....

I've been feeling a bit down in the dumps over the last 24 hours or so. Have had man-flu and can't stop coughing and spluttering and sneezing. Not spoken to anyone over the weekend but the bloke down the pub yesterday at lunchtime when watching Hibs play the huns. Saw and heard the news about former Celt Phil O'Donnell collapsing and dying at the end of the Motherwell-Dundee Utd game yesterday. Believe it or not, I was also a bit down when both Raymond Van Barjneveld and Phil Taylor got beaten in the darts World Championship. And, of course, JJ has left the country for a few days.

I was feeling that sorry for myself that I had considered not replying to - never mind turning down - and invite from the boy's mum asking if I had wanted to go round for usual Sunday dinner tonight.

But ... listening to Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division does you the world of good. So, bottle of wine goes in bag and off I go for roast chicken, spuds, veg and lots of glasses of the white graped drink! Just hope she doesn't mind me watching the semi-finals from Alexandra Palace!!

* The Blue Nile

5 Comments:

Blogger Frank Partisan said...

I have that same flu. I got it quickly after a flu shot. I imagine it would be worse without the shot.

4:42 am  
Blogger timesnewroman said...

Hope you're feeling better, I've been coughing spluttering and generally casting out germs since boxing day. Haven't even been able to get a shot on my new bike yet! I've now passed it on to mrs tnr who was most pleased. Must thank you again for providing my one useless piece of darts knowledge as once again, the question of which darts player is known as "The Power" came up. Incredible but true. Case of beer thank you!

9:32 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

Ren - weird how that happens. Are you suffering as a result of that horrific snowstorm which has hit the northern states in recent weeks?

TNR - I bet she's pleased, NOT! That is so funny about the The Power. You owe me one!

1:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best for the New Year, my man....

3:34 pm  
Blogger Holly said...

Happy New Year Reidski...hope you're feeling better now!

10:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home