Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Don't Believe The Hype *

I never thought I'd ever utter these words, but Chris Waddle seems to make a lot of sense here. I've been saying for a few years now that the Premiership is the most over-rated rubbish around. The number of really exciting - in fact, just simply good - games over the last two or three seasons can be counted on one hand (oh, okay then, maybe two). If you disagree, then come up with more than 10 good games from the past three seasons. I'll do some research on this over the next few days and see what I come up with. The best game of football I have seen this season so far was Leicester v Southampton - a real cracker and, of course, not in the Premiership.

* Public Enemy

P.S. Note to self: Reidski, you must blog about Charlie Drake. There, that'll have them wondering .....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really makes sense there & some good points -- hope that whole 'result oriented' approach doesn't impact young developing players to adopt that 'safe style' -- will make it real boring. Meanwhile, 'eff' the premiership -- bring on the FA Cup & Viva La Liga!

4:49 pm  
Blogger cookie monster said...

tell you what, every single game that Bastard Rovers lsoe in the premier league is class by me!

12:03 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

Marc - "safe style" is everything to the money-grabbers these days, unfortunately. As for the FA Cup, it was very depressing to read on the Millwall web site how they are looking forward to the first round draw. But I'm sure we'll still be there for the third round when your lads enter the competition.

cookie - couldn't care less about any of them to be honest as I think, with Manchester United and Arsenal apart, they are all boring fuckers!

8:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home