Thursday, March 23, 2006

Tales From The Riverbank *

Okay, I could fill in the last week by telling everyone once again that I had yet another brilliant night out with Jane, that we went to some nice pubs, had a lovely pizza and had a stupendous snog here, but I'm sure you don't want to hear all that stuff.

No, cos I know that what you really want to hear about is how much of a wee, lazy Roger Hunt the boy is. Got a message at work from his mum that he was in tears on Monday morning as a result of not wanting to go to school. Right, I'm a hypocrite when it comes to forcing him to go to school, having missed school (just about) completely from the age of 14 myself for one reason or another. "He says he hates going to classes, he thinks the teachers are all picking on him and he just didn't want to go," this e-mail says. It did go on to say that he did eventually leave for school.

Oh, and what a fucking hardship his week has been!
Okay, a day in classes on Monday, fair dues to the wee man, he did actually have to do some learning that day. As for the rest of the week?

Tuesday was a day a a training course as part of his student support mentor stuff - he listens to his peers if and when they wish to talk to him about any problems they have, him intervening is playground disputes, etc,. So he has a day at a training course getting told he is a little gem for helping others and being encouraged to continue in this role and being shown and taught how to improve in this role.

Wednesday, fuck, he has to attend classes.

Thursday, it's a half-day visit, as part of the new Labour bollocks gifted and talented scheme, he goes to the National Maritime Museum at Greenwich - lucky wee shite!

And, Friday, it's a visit to the Globe Theatre with his drama class.

Now, have I got this wrong, or is that the easiest week imaginable at school?

* The Jam

6 Comments:

Blogger timesnewroman said...

Hmm like father....... So was he keen to go on the days he was essentially skiving? Was it just the learning stuff that bothered him? You can always try to persuade him how much the school needs him with all his extracurricular stuff. I suspect he's probably a bit smarter sometimes than some of those teachers and that's when they pick on him. Have you found out if it's the teachers though that are doing the bullying? I dare say though if it ever comes down to mainstream plunking it, you'll probably have it pretty much covered. I think I want to be a fly on the wall if that happens.

Best of luck. You'll probably need it.

8:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say nae worries in the 'life skills' dept. for the little feller...

1:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just finished jury service and I can recommend it as the easiest, most pleasant and interesting two weeks of recent years. Which says nothing for my job or the Green Day-loving, Heat-reading, numbskulls i work with.

11:58 am  
Blogger J.J said...

Nowhere round here quite so romantic for a kiss later on today I'm afraid...a bridge over the M1 isn't quite the same is it?

12:54 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

Jim: I absolutely loves all that extra curricular stuff. It's just that he finds lessons absolutely tedious and too easy. And there is no bullying of the boy in the playground as it is pretty obvious he is extremely popular with his peers and he is the one who sorts out their problems.

Marc: nae worries indeed on the life skills front, it's just the academic front that's a worry. But it shouldn't be I suppose cos going to university isn't the only aim schoolchildren should have, is it?

Voroshilov: I've always wanted to do jury service. But don't like the negative vibes about your work and your workmates. We'll talk about it over a drink one night - and you can get to meet Jane too if your lucky!

Jane: I'm sure we can think of something darling!!!!!!!!!

1:35 pm  
Blogger Holly said...

My brother is very similar, he finds school boring but he's so clever and most of the time its because he's bored and finds things too easy. I'm sure they will find their own way in the end!

11:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home