Monday, March 13, 2006

All Possibilities *

Eh, don't know what to do. I'm pathetic. Needed boy's mum to be in tonight to help. Erm, still don't know what to do.

The thing is, the boy declared just as I tucked him into bed tonight that he is "so definitely" looking at this blog tomorrow. Right, so my reaction should have been to sit him down and explain the kind of things I write about. But did I? No, i simply tucked him into bed and said "goodnight sonny - love you!" as I do most evenings. In other words, I copped right out of deep and meaningful father/son talk.

Right, it's not as if I have anything to hide from him. He's perfectly aware that mum and dad are not exactly a proper couple - in fact, not a couple at all - but that we remain good friends. He has also been teasing me recently about the time I spend writing texts, e-mails and making personal phone calls out of his ear shot. On the latter, he even caught me at it the other night there when picking up the phone on another extension and hearing me speak to a woman on the other end.

But the moment hasn't quite been right to tell him what I've been up to recently. Oh well, tomorrow night could be interesting. And I'm out playing football so his mum will have to deal with it - so how much of a tosser does that make me??

On another subject, hints were made elsewhere that my lack of posts over the last few days suggested that I may not have had a great time in York last week with my fantastic and fabby new friend. To set the record straight, it was among the most perfect two days I have ever spent in my entire life. Things couldn't be any better on that front! Roll on Wednesday night!

But back to my football, I didn't get round to posting about our last game - a whopping and embarrassing 10-1 defeat to a team of solicitors, although yours truly scored our only goal - a fucking beauty it was too. Tomorrow night, we take on a team of journalists and I expect to score a barrel-load. I'll keep you posted - unless the boy has given me a bad kicking in the meantime.

* Badly Drawn Boy

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"embarrassing 10-1 defeat to a team of solicitors"

Shakespeare said it best:
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

Good luck with the journos!

12:05 am  
Blogger J.J said...

I'm no better at 'this stuff'. Moved faster than I have ever done in my life the other night when I realised H had my phone in her hand and seemed about to look at my messages.
Although I might be better in goal than whoever you've got at the moment!

8:19 am  
Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

There's nothing like the possibility of prying eyes to make you run for telephones, glue your mobile to your pocket, and whistle whilst changing the subject ....

Bless you both!

1:28 pm  
Blogger Frank Partisan said...

It's ok for your son to see your blog. It's not like you were a nudist from Tonga (kidding Sonia).

Your son knows more about you, and life, than you could imagine.

4:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

renegade_eye is right -- it would amaze you how much they end up knowing and keeping to themselves. My kid is 22 and a few yrs ago, mentioned a few 'things' I had no idea he was onto! Pretty sobering -- just hope he doesn't come out with the tell-all memoir in a few yrs...

6:32 pm  
Blogger cookie monster said...

now u see id post some advice here but id be liable to make things a whole lot worse!

6:49 pm  
Blogger cookie monster said...

well now you see, id offer advice, but im likely to cause more grief so ill shut it!

7:23 pm  
Blogger timesnewroman said...

You didn't say if the streetworkers were wearing high heels when they beat you 10-1

6:45 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

Thank you all for your comments.

It is amazing how much kids know about their parents' lives and the boy's teasing of me recently highlights this. My only worry was that rather than sit down with him and explain the situation with him, I choose not to and left him with the possibility of reading about something so important in my life (jane) on this crappy blog.

Anyway, when I got home after getting stuffed 6-1 by those journo wankers, the boy was more concerned about my health rather than about my relationship with my fantastic and fabby new friend. I was not in a good way and even got the boy to tuck me into bed. I think I had severe dehydration and felt so bad after the game that I even had to pass up the offer of a pint or two - and let me tell you, that is a unique occurence.

Anyway, a night of violently shaking, of chest pains, severe bad cough, light-headedness and of turning the bed into a sweat bath (sorry, a bit too much information, I know) has seen me not quite sprightly this morning but feeling a whole lot better.

Anyway, I'm off to see jane tonight, so there was no way I was going to spend the day in bed!!

8:33 am  
Blogger Nat said...

So did the boy look?

Gosh, your dad told us so much about you.....gush gush!

Reidski is such a fine and upstanding gentlemen ya de-ya de-ya

Reids: Did you see my spots? Huh? I have more than ten!!!

I can pretend I'm popular!

Woohooo!

(...on my map, obviously!)

Son of Reidski, maps do not signify popularity. Just remember this when the shaggy haired, teeny skirted girls are trying to get into your gang of 'hip dudes'

(reidski. Are they 'dudes' these days?)

I fear I'm out of touch?

2:36 pm  
Blogger Nat said...

Did you get over your fever?

Paracetamol is the answer. Tell me more symptoms and I can send you the appropriate drugs!

Have heaps of brufen here????

2:38 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

nat, thanks for being the only person to ask about my health. While I'm a bit better, I'm not really very well at all!

I'll be over to get those painkillers - just give me half an hour or so!

I don't think the boy looked, otherwise I am sure he would have said as he isn't one for clamping up when there is something to say.

And I'm really impressed at the plethora (that's a clever word, isn't it?) of dots appearing on your blog.

Once again, THANKS FOR ASKING ABOUT MY HEALTH, YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON TO DO SO - EVEN JANE COULDN'T CARE LESS!!!!!!

2:48 pm  
Blogger J.J said...

UNFAIR!!! Been stuck in meetings all day as you very well know!

I suppose I'm just going to have to make it up to you...SOON!(Hooray)

3:13 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

"What more can I be, all apologies"

3:19 pm  
Blogger Nat said...

Hey please don't take it out on Jane, she's loverly!

I'm a nurse, trained by the government to seek out pyrexias and masked lerrrgie people!

We're not here to be nice and helpful, we're here to make sure you don't die of the stupid things so Tony can win at the next election again!

*swoosh, hai karate*

(Wish I looked good in yellow!)

...I don't actually like Tony either....

4:03 pm  
Blogger Nat said...

My dots look a bit contagious!

Yippeeee!

There are at least 16 people I don't know!

(however, these people probably stumbled upon the site and have vowed never to return?!!)

Dinna mind, dots are still there though!

4:06 pm  
Blogger Nat said...

ooh, and I can send you lots of things to make you feel better!

I've not been sick in years!

Always get the codeine linctus if you have a cold. Bloody good stuff.

Zantac for a hangover (with paracetamol of course!)

4:10 pm  
Blogger J.J said...

Nat, I need this man in peak condition! :-)

4:27 pm  
Blogger Nat said...

I can only try... but remember I am only used to killing them!

Morphine? Morphine? Get your lovely morphine here etc!

Just drug him him up with paracetamol and codeine!

If he's loved up enough he'll not notice he's ill!

(I once took Dave on a trek to some coastal cliff area in Dorset when he had flu! He didn't tell me til we got there so what could I do?!)

Have a fabulous time tonight you pesky kids!

4:51 pm  
Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

"Nat, I need this man in peak condition! :-)"

Yes, I bet...

;)

8:52 am  
Blogger Nat said...

I wonder if she's intending to enter him into the commonwealth games then?

11:43 am  
Blogger timesnewroman said...

Actually he'd probably make the Scotland Football team. Do they have football in the Commonwealth Games?

7:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home