Sunday, February 24, 2008

Madness *

Watching the League Cup Final this afternoon reminds me of the afternoon of the League Cup Final of 2006. The match between Man Utd and Wigan was not too memorable, with Fergie's side strolling to victory. And it was not too memorable as a football match as I didn't get to see much of it. Rather, what was memorable was that I got caught up in some blogging and, subsequently, e-mailing madness. I remember that I wrote some innocuous piece which had something to do with Ken Livingstone and, I think, his spat with the Evening Standard journalist who he likened to a nazi. As I say, totally innocuous. Next thing I know I'm getting bombarded by comments from a then regular visitor to The Big Blowdown accusing me of making all sorts of psychological insults or whatever. Our spat on the comments then calms down and I agree to delete all my contributions. This bloke, by the way, requested that I change my blog, which he got short shrift over - yes, asking me to censore my own fucking crappy blog. But, as I say, I think it has all calmed down. But then I start getting fucking mental e-mails from this cunt. And, as I do, I reply to every one. This, by the way, is all taking place while I'm trying to watch the fucking football. Anyway, this goes on all fucking afternoon and I realise that I'm dealing with a fucking psycho. But it eventually all comes to an end and the e-mail exchange comes to an end. Then I notice that not only have I been deleted from his blog roll (big fucking deal, I thought), but all those who are regular commentors on my site get deleted from his site too. And then they get put back on again. And then they get taken off again. Then he deletes his own blog and starts another one.

It was fucking mental.

And there I was watching ALL of the League Cup Final today with the odd thought of that very odd incident. And I'd like to think that something awful which affected someone I am madly in love with only a few weeks later had nothing to do with this nutter, but, you know, I've never been too sure about that.

*Madness

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger J.J said...

I remember that episode so well. What a psycho he turned out to be. As to what happened subsequently - well, I never came up with a stronger suspect.

There are some seriously disturbed individuals out there as I learnt to my cost.

8:47 pm  
Blogger Imposs1904 said...

Christ, who the hell was that? I'm intrigued.

(Email me offlist if you want.)

11:52 pm  
Blogger John said...

Was it me? A bottle of Harvey's Bristol Cream on a Sunday afternoon often has that effect, I find.

11:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh er I had never thought of that, but it all makes sense ... after all, it would be that kind of person who would spend their time doing that kind of thing.

Messalina

4:40 pm  
Blogger timesnewroman said...

I got a vague recollection of this but can't for the life of me work out who it was. You must email me and let me know!

6:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home