Saturday, June 03, 2006

Good Thing *

Whoopee, just secured tickets for JJ and I to go and see The Mekons at the Luminaire in August. We'll see John and his crowd there, if we're lucky and they are unlucky!

Talking of JJ, she's on her way to meet me and then it's on to my place for food, drink and other stuff. But, of course, that other stuff won't occur until our friend has left - well, we do have some standards! It will be a fabby evening - particularly if she doesn't mention football, as it's half-time at the moment and England are already 4-0 up against the mighty Jamaica!

* Fine Young Cannibals

6 Comments:

Blogger Frank Partisan said...

I mostly understood the part about after your friends left.

6:40 am  
Blogger J.J said...

Remind me dearest...what was the final score again yesterday???

6:47 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

By "other stuff" I'm guessing you mean a strenuous game of Scrabble?

9:01 pm  
Blogger Kevin Williamson said...

The Mekons, eh? I saw them in Aberdeen a few years ago but was so out of it I didnae ken they were the band that'd just been playing till this American or Canadian geezer at the bar asked me what I thought of the Mekons. I says they were great, whatever happened to them? He looked at me with a look that only the guitarist in the band that had just played could give you. Slurring away I dug myself a deeper hole saying get tae fuck pal, there's never been no septic tanks in the Mekons, they were Leeds all the way. Oh how wrong I was. How every wrong. The shame of it will follow me to the grave. "Where were you" indeed.

2:18 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

Ren - it's a football (i.e. soccer to you) thing.

JJ - don't know!

YP - I got a wonderful triple word score. The game was all mine then .. disaster struck! She put down zytomology and took the game!

Kev - what a pure dead brilliant story. You should go down in the anus of history!

3:39 pm  
Blogger Martin said...

I hope you've left some tickets for us , Reidski.I don't think John's told Maria who they'll be meeting so it should be pleasant surprises all round.

Kev, Club Mekon would be proud of you.

9:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home