Friday, June 02, 2006

Words From The Front*

I have been enjoying reading the San Francisco Gate newspaper on-line over recent months - good news stories, good columnists and good editorials, pretty much what you would expect from this rather beautiful, laid-back and liberal city. Okay, I suppose I could do without stories such as the one on Katherine Close becoming the "first girl since 1999 to win the national spelling title, " (she wins an astonishing $42,000 for it, though!!) but you can't have everything. Anyway, I particularly enjoy Mark Marford's column - read his latest here, while you can read his Nine Things to be Happy About here (Bush and bird flu being among them). Good music writer Derek Richardson to be found here with a review of the latest Josh Ritter offering and I liked a slice from his best of the year piece: "Remember CD rot? Well, apparently CDs will be obsolete before the first couple of generations self-destruct from some kind of innate corruption. If only we could count on that with the Bush political lineage.)"

Why am I telling you this? Fuck knows! Don't ask me!

*Tom Verlaine

2 Comments:

Blogger J.J said...

Oh aye! Very cheerful being directed to a column entitled 'Death, Death, Death!'

Cheers for that darling!

5:13 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

Yes, see what you mean. And don't mention it!

5:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home