Saturday, May 20, 2006

Personality Crisis *

She who once was "'er indoors" but will now be known as "the boy's mum" has gone off for a week so that means that I am at my former house looking after the boy. Not a bad start as he had friend round and I said that friend could stay for dinner. But the boy decided, contrary to earlier pact, not to watch Matrix Reloaded with me. Fair do's, so watched the second part of Dr Who cybermen thingy and very good it was too. And then the boy wanted to watch Eurovision song Contest so we watched that and had a great laugh - but wasn't that voting busineness rather tedious?

And so here am I at auld hoose and thinking that there are things to be done at MY HOOSE - this is going to be a weird week!

And here is me also predominately thinking about my best friend and hoping that she is okay cos she hasn't been too good today.

And here is me thinking that I want some of that beef bourgignon that she cooked tonight!!

And here is me also thinking about rubbish poetry!!!

* New York Dolls

7 Comments:

Blogger J.J said...

Feeling much better thank you.

I only saw the Lithuanian entry..sheer genius!

12:06 pm  
Blogger Holly said...

Eurovision is soo funny, you have to watch it for the pure genious that is Terry Wogan who completely takes the piss!!

3:02 pm  
Blogger Voroshilov said...

Hmm, what rubbish poetry? You haven't been mixing it with Shelley have you? He's almost unreadable

3:22 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

JJ - excellent news on the health front. Didn't see the Lithuanians, but they do sound good.

M - Wogan is so entertaining when it comes to eurovision, he had me and the boy in stitches.

V - not important really, it was just that I had seen some poetry stuff on Artsworld and it crossed my mind while writing this post, but it doesn't deserve any other comment than that! And is that Pete Shelley or Shelley Winters. And did you know that the wrestler Big Daddy's real name is Shirley Crabtree?

3:34 pm  
Blogger Holly said...

You've been tagged...see me for more!!

4:03 pm  
Blogger Voroshilov said...

I did know that funnily enough. My mum always told me when we watched the wrestling (then my dad would pipe in by telling me that John Wayne's name was Marion). Big Daddy was actually a horrible man, whereas Giant Haystacks (his nemesis) was by all accounts a wonderful human being.
I was, of course, referring to Hywel Bennett's Shelley.

5:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason, the 'Shel' Silverstein song, popularized by Johnny Cash, 'A Boy Named Sue' springs curiously to mind....

8:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home