Sunday, April 30, 2006

Special *

I really must get round to blogging about the game of five-a-sides I played last week (scored five in a 10-7 victory while getting kicked all over the pitch all over my legs and getting punch in the ribs - yes, they were filthy bastards) and about the fact that I'm moving in to a new gaff on Wednesday. Just showed the boy where it is - only down side is that, him being a lazy wee shite, he doesn't like the idea of walking up the hill to get to it.

But what I really really really must get round to blogging about is the brilliantly perfect day Jane and I spent in Oxford on Friday. A lovely walk round, a pint, a lovely walk round a beautiful garden, a pint in the pub in which CS Lewis and JR Tolkien used to meet in, nice meal in Brown's and then a lovely elongated drive home (no, of course Jane didn't go in the wrong direction). And then a peck on the cheek to wish the Cobblers well in their final home game of the season - if they win, they are promoted. They win, they are promoted - joy and celebrations ensue in Northampton and in New Cross! Jane visits The Den next season - ha ha ha ha ha! Oh, and the Cobblers could also win the title, never mind they are promoted!

Right, so that's what I intend to blog about when I get round to it!

* De La Soul

9 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Good luck with the move, I moved yesterday it was a bleeding nightmare Im still knackered from lugging boxes about!

2:29 pm  
Blogger Voroshilov said...

Tolkien and Lewis met up? Really?
"Hey, right, I've got these Orc things and, boy, are they going to f*ck your sh*t up. Owned!"
"Yeah, well you would say that. I'm telling you, man, talking badgers is where it's at. Kids'll love it"
"You sad twonk, get the next round in."

2:32 pm  
Blogger J.J said...

It's Ok...I don't mind admitting...I took us the wrong way home.

You didn't really mind the unscheduled trip to Birmingham did you???

2:40 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

Thanks Moo - hope you have recovered by now.

Voroshilov - that's a great exchange you unearthed from Volume III of Conversations Between Authors. And you shouldn't have put your pic on there cos now everyone loves you and not me.

Jane - Mind going to Birmingham with you? Fuck, I'd go to Walsall with you. I'd even go to Coventry with you. I'd even go to Skegness with you. I'd go anywhere with you, honey!

7:06 pm  
Blogger Voroshilov said...

Yep, I borrowed the book from Duff. It was in his tiny reference section next to Ubiquitous Quotations For Pompous Bores. And all the love is being channeled back to you.
Bah, Football. Your puny earth sports are no match for ours!

8:43 am  
Blogger J.J said...

You have never been to Skegness have you?

You wouldn't say that if you had!

11:04 am  
Blogger Holly said...

Voroshilov, dont take your piccie off...Reidski is just jealous!

12:38 pm  
Blogger Holly said...

Oh Reidski, recovered from what?! the move or Friday nights escapades, coz the answer is neither!

12:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Voroshilov: so much cuter than his namesake.

10:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home