Thursday, June 23, 2005

Conversation *

1. The total volume of music on my pc:
No idea - but probably not much cos I don't use my computer for music that much. You see, I'm a bit like this.


2. Song playing right now:
Sisters of Mercy by Leonard Cohen

3. Last album I bought:
ehhhhhh, oh, yes, I know, it was Lullabies to Paralyze by Queens of the Stone Age and Showtime by Dizzee Rascal - both for the boy. It's actually ages since I bought any music, in fact look here for the date and what it was I got and for a bad memory that I've been trying unsuccessfully to erase. I'll do something about my record collection tomorrow on pay day.

4. Five songs I've been listening to a lot:
Freddie's Dead by Curtis Mayfield from the fantastic Uncut CD this month that I banged on about last week; Bang Bang by Nancy Sinatra, again I've mentioned this one before, try here; Stan Bowles by The Others; All Of My Friends Were There by The Kinks from the Village Green Preservation Society remastered CD which came out last year; The Revolution Starts Now by Steve Earle.

5. Passing this along to:
Anyone who reads this and hasn't done it! There's so many contributors to C&S these days that some of them should do it!

* Joni Mitchell

3 Comments:

Blogger Imposs1904 said...

Always nice to see The Kinks namechecked. I still think they were the best band of the sixties.

My current CD of choice is their Arthur or The Decline and Fall of the British Empire. I especially love the tracks Victoria and Brainwashed.

12:48 pm  
Blogger Martin said...

That Uncut cd was a nice change as they seemed to have had a blind spot with regards to "black" music over the last few years.

12:57 pm  
Blogger John said...

Contributors, me arse. They spend more time here and Inveresk Street than they do thinking of stuff to put on C&S.

11:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home