Thursday, November 18, 2004

Too Long

Did I mention that the boy scored his first goal of the season at the weekend? If not, what a moment. I had been thinking - and had shared thoughts with 'er indoors - that the boy had more and more over recent games been getting in the right positions, but that his foot didn't quite reach the ball at the vital moment. So, with the team already 4-1 up (I think) the boy was there in the centre to ,first, shoot and then, after goalie parried out, to prod ball into net. I looked round at the boy's mom and I could swear that a tear made an appearance. It was a magic moment - the goal, I mean, not the tear!
Talking of footie, wasn't the Scotland game a laugh a minute? That will go down in the anus of history.
Took a trip to the flicks tonight with my anonymous mate and, while the evening itself was superb, the film was definitely underwhelming. Went to see Coffee and Cigarettes, the new Jim Jarmusch film with the great cast, but not much else. Admittedly, I did pop off for five or ten minutes at one point cos I was tired - and missed most of the Jack and Meg White vignette - but I was left with the feeling of "so what?" over the whole thing. It did pick up toward the end and the highlight was the end piece from two old boys who I must find out about cos I didn't recognise either of them.
I did have a few lovely glasses of red wine before and after with my mate who encouraged me to get back to blogging ways, so you lot can either thank her or curse her.
I have so much new music in the household at the moment - newest stuff being the Delgados and Lambchop - and all if it is superb. Can't listen to any of it tomorrow night, however, as 'er indoors has her "bookclub" at chez Reidski, which means that Reidski has to spend the night out on the town - "oooohhhh, poor Reidski", I can hear you all say!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I think I recognised one of the old blokes (the one called Bill). The other one was called Taylor. But I didn't recognise their full names. Will investigate.

9:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill Rice and Taylor Mead have appeared in a handful of obscure (i.e. I have never heard of them) movies over the last twenty years. Bill Rice directed 'Vineyard' in 1989. Check it out!

9:15 am  
Blogger timesnewroman said...

You do realise of course that the lad could opt to play for either Scotland or England when he gets a bit older. Which one will it be?

And before you ask him, put yourself in the same spot!

9:50 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

England for the boy, no question. I don't go for all that bollocks that cos someone has a certain ancestry so that means they come from that person's country. People are products of their environments and the people who they are surrounded with. This boy in question is a product of south-east London - he's not second-generation anything, he's English.

10:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wot if he's really good?

2:03 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

Mmmmm...no, it's England!

6:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home