Sunday, September 26, 2004

Where Boys Fear To Tread


He's good. He's very good. Posted by Hello

A mate put me on to US writer Michael Parenti this week. I'm ashamed to say that I had never heard of him before. Try this one for starters.

A good quote from him: "Here at home and throughout the world people are fighting back against the forces of wealth, privilege, and militarism -- some because they have no choice, others because they would choose no other course but the one that leads to peace and justice."

I've had a strange week or so.

First, I had what can only be described as an extraordinary weekend in Scotland. I initially had a great time at a family birthday party for one of the world's great human beings - then it was a couple of days of sheer hedonism.

There were many highlights involved, but one involved getting a text message from 'er indoors saying that the boy had received man of the match award for his performance in his first ever organised footie match. We'll skip past the part where his team got beat 3-2 after being 2-0 up at half-time.

This came in the middle of a brilliant two-day stay at chez tnr, descriptions of which are not for public consumption - not forgetting a big thank you to the man himself for picking me up on the Friday night (you owe me one, tnr). If you ever get the chance to savour this household's goulash and dumplings, followed by meringue, then you are certainly privileged - I certainly thought I was.

That's all a week ago - but there really is not much to say about the subsequent days. Other than to say, no alcohol was drunk for the most part.

I'm taking the boy to his game tomorrow, when I may be required to run the line or even be referee. Reports to follow.

1 Comments:

Blogger timesnewroman said...

Any time Reidski, though the food will be of the Low G.I. Low Fat variety for some time to come. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, as I may launch ny own Barr Diet and Exercise Regime Book in the near future.

5:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home