Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hanging Around *

Stuck indoors this morning waiting for a new laptop to be delivered. I can't stand that waiting here doing nothing, particularly as I had to wave off JJ from my doorstep earlier on. I think that's only the second occasion I've done that as we usually travel across London together before she heads off home.

More annoying than hanging around doing not a lot was Northampton's performance against Leeds in the FA Cup last night. The Cobblers' defence was hopeless and the goalkeeper (just called into the England Under-21 squad) was dire, so mixed with a terrific hat-trick by Leeds' forward Jermaine Beckford and a 5-2 defeat was the result. It did not make for good television - yes, Cobblers on TV for second time in just over a week!

While watching the game, I came out with one of those comments that fans of lower league teams really must hate. "When it comes to football, isn't it all about disappointments?" A terrible thing to say when you consider that I support a football team which has, in my lifetime, has reached three European finals (winning the European Cup once), won, at one stage, nine league titles in a row, won countless Scottish Cups and League Cups and is in the process of going for four SPL titles in a row. But the fact remains that I view football in negative terms. Weird that!

Anyway, here I sit, doing bugger all, waiting for my new computer .....

*The Stranglers

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger J.J said...

Why did you have to mention the football????

Time, as we football fans say upon being knocked out of the cup competitions, to concentrate on the league.

12:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Mon the Spurs. Oh right then, never mind....

3:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home