Saturday, June 28, 2008

Happy Anniversary *


This blog is four today. It's getting a bit tired and jaded (unlike it's creator). I think PC problems at home are to blame. Talking of which, anyone know of a free anti-virus software that I can download. I assumed that such things were easily available and, me being a skinflint and all that, haven't bought a package yet. Anyway, you never know, I may get back to doing the odd post now and again in the near future.

Should really blog about my trip to the Download festival. And about a hilarious Q&A piece I read in one of the London free papers with Sarah Brightman a few weeks ago - it's been sitting next to my computer at home for ages. And, from the same paper, the bizarre concept of former Thompson Twins member Alannah Currie now designing furniture which incorporates stuffed animals - I kid you not. Here's a taster from a piece in the Guardin from I don't know when:

3. On using roadkill: The foxes, swan, lamb and blue tit on my chairs are memento mori. I'm a vegetarian, so I did a lot of research to find the right taxidermist who uses animals that die naturally or are roadkill. I had to wait eight months for the swan. As far as fitting the animals into the chairs, I'm very specific. For instance, for the foxes, I measured the back of the chair, drew exactly how I wanted the foxes to be positioned and sent these drawings to the taxidermist. Then I sewed them in when they eventually arrived. All the furniture is made to be robust. It is functional art - there may be a lamb on the chair, but you can lie beside it or use it as a cushion. To me, they are very beautiful but disturbing at the same time

Fucking nuts!

*Little River Band

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger ©gloop said...

r a great free Anti Virus get AVG from here:

http://free.grisoft.com/

Now....get blogging.

12:17 pm  
Blogger Andrew Brown said...

Or avast! which is here http://www.avast.com/index.html

12:18 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Happy Birthday to your blog I was going to send you an armchair made from stuffed beavers but your disparagement of such creativity has postponed this generosity. That's a shame really because a lot of effort goes into stuffing beavers!

7:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you again, Reidski ... keep up the good work ... I would like to know what Sarah Brightman had to say as I need an insight into the mind of somebody who presumably found ALW sexually attractive.

Messalina

8:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Steve sez, AVG is good. Been using it for awhile now & it seems to be doing the biz. PC + 24 yr old - common sense = big viral trouble & AVG cleaned it up nicely.

Congrats on 4 'sparkling' years & keep it coming, or not!!!

3:23 pm  
Blogger Imposs1904 said...

Happy birthday to the blog. Mmmm, cake.

Blog more you git. It's easy. Just write any old bollocks and pepper the post with pictures. It works for me.

Write a blog on the writer who inspired the name of the blog. The pelican bloke.

Just picked up King Suckerman and I'm enjoying it.

4:58 pm  
Blogger Holly said...

Ha, this made me think of the guy in the Westcountry who only eats stuff thats been "roadkill" - he drives around looking for dead animals and then he takes them home and eats them - says he;s never been ill and even got a stack of them in his freezer - WEIRD!

3:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home