Saturday, May 10, 2008

Music Was My First Love*

From Andrew Brown, a tag thingy! So ...

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to.


Venus by Television. The layers upon layers of guitar on this song are simply stunning. Got the Marquee Moon CD recently from Amazon, along with first two Talking Heads and Magazine's live Play, which still hasn't arrived about six weeks after being ordered.

No I In Threesome by Interpol. Fabby fabby song. Went to see them with JJ last year and thought they were totally brilliant live.

All My Friends by LCD Soundsystem. Pounding rhythms. Sometimes on when I'm running in the gym - no better track to exercise to.

Hey Lucifer by British Sea Power. A damn fine band who I would love to see live. This one has a great football-style chant to it.

Cracking Up by Nick Lowe. Downloaded this onto my MP3 player recently. An oldie, but a goodie.

Blacklisted by Neko Case. Another one I downloaded recently. Never came across her before seeing mention at Counago and Spaves. Beautiful voice, lovely music.

Magnificent Five by Adam and the Ants. From the Kings of the Wild Frontier album - still a classic in my opinion!

There, Andrew, done it. As for another seven people to do it ... come on JJ, tnr, Darren, John, Martin, Lisa and The Fatalist, get writing.

* John Miles

3 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

Some excellent stuff there Reidski.We'll be seeing BSP and Nick Lowe in Barcelona next week, how jammy is that?

And I reckon that's the first time I've been tagged, thankfully.Ta.

4:34 pm  
Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

I think I just lost my marbles in trying to comment here. No matter. Anyway, I did my 'earworms' the other week at Swiss Toni's place. I think my music landscape has changed a bit since that date, mostly thanks to excessive listening to The Decemberists...

1:27 pm  
Blogger Imposs1904 said...

Damn, sorry man, just spotted this tag.

Daft thing is that I've already been tagged twice on this, and I've yet to get around to it. (The post is hidden somewhere in draft.)

My excuse is now that I'm waiting for seven people to tag me before I reveal my seven songs to deaf blog populace.

Either that or I can get my arse in gear and just post the seven songs with the accompanying blurb.

Whatever comes first.

8:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home