Monday, January 21, 2008

The Only Living Boy In New Cross*

Ok, should have done some research before writing this, but big shout goes out to the Young Mayor of Lewisham, whatever his name is. It seems that this geezer organises gigs, the latest being at the Albany in Deptford last Friday night, catering for the borough's teenagers. The boy tells me that there were "hundreds" there on Friday and that the place was "totally bare" and "skein" (not sure if that's how you spell this new yoof word, but I do know that it means "cool" or, even, "good"). The thing is, the boy and all his mates and, according to the boy, most of the young people around, know the name of the Young Mayor (I don't, obviously) and it made me wonder about comparing the ratio of youngsters who know the name of their elected Young Mayor to those "adult" voters in the borough who know the name of our mayor. Then again, who gives a fuck?

*Carter USM

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Brown said...

I think it's Justin

7:41 am  
Blogger timesnewroman said...

I'm impressed anyway. A politician who actually does something his constituents want/like. I'd be a bit worried about this totally bare and skein stuff though. Dontcha think you oughta check this out?

6:49 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

Cheers Andrew. I'll have more of a look later.

TNR - this language thing I'll never be able to check out. I'm officially, according to the boy, an old fart!

3:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home