Saturday, May 12, 2007

Idiot *

What the hell am I doing? I've just sent an e-mail to a Spiked writer, criticising her article. Why get into a debate with these people? I must be mad. It's just that, being an ex-journalist, I hate sloppy journalism. She writes in desperation looking for a candidate to take on Brown and gives a cursory mention to Michael Meacher and completely ignores the campaign by John McDonnell to seek the requisite nominations to get on the ballot paper. I don't necessarily have a view on McDonnell myself and wouldn't begin to tell Labour Party members what to do in an internal election. It's just either poor research, ignorance of her subject matter or deep sectarianism which has seen this oversight by this writer.

Elsewhere in Spiked this week, reprint of an interesting article from the Times by Spiked ex-editor Mick Hume on the daily spectator sport which has followed a personal tragedy.

On another issue entirely, why is an ambulance which is sitting outside my office (yes, I'm in the office on a Saturday - such commitment) flashing its lights while sitting stationery and while the driver is reading a magazine? Weird! Oh, wait, just remembered. It could have been here for the guy who I could hear coughing his guts up for about 20 minutes from 50 yards away earlier in the day. Quite disgusting

*Lisa Marie Presley

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger J.J said...

Oh yes, such commitment.At least you remembered yesterday last thing that you were in fact supposed to be working today.

No surfing the net today at all I am sure darling!

5:10 pm  
Blogger ©gloop said...

I knew Meacher quite well when I was an active Party member. He was my MP and a more unworldly middle-class "son of toil" you would be hard pushed to meet.

I hadn't met many cabinet level politos at the time but after a few weeks I realised that he never listened. He had an agenda and whether it was a discussion in a pub or a debate on TV, his worldview was reiterated again and again.

On top of that he was liable to say the most stupid things.

I'd love to see him as PM. We would all have hours of fun watching him look and sound a pillock.

5:23 pm  
Blogger Paul Champagne said...

Whatever happened to journalists that just reported the news? Now everyone is a news commentator.

10:48 pm  
Blogger Imposs1904 said...

Christ, I hate the Spiked mob.

Contrary just for the sake of it. Boring bastards.

Bob Marshall-Andrews for PM

7:58 am  
Blogger John said...

Spiked? The "Grumpy Old Men (and Women)" of the Left, moaning about how you can't smoke anymore, how the nanny state gets in the way of entrepreneurial zeal and stops you from hunting foxes, why environmentalists are really Nazis.

Yawn. Have they not heard of The Spectator?

5:50 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

JJ- yes, it was lucky. Of course there was no net surfing, I was too busy!

steve - pity the chance has gone. My claim to fame from the leadership candidates: was bought a pint by Gordon Brown at Labour Party Conference in Brighton in 1987.

paul - err, agreed or whatever!

Darren - you are a master of contrariness. My thoughts on Spiked is that it is an interesting read, no more than that really.

John - absolutely spot on with your comparison with them and the Spectator - I used to quite like that too, but, then again, I'm weird!

8:37 am  
Blogger Frank Partisan said...

There is quite a bit to disagree with regarding The Spiked Online people.

7:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home