Thursday, November 02, 2006

Good Morning *

Celtic got thrashed last night and now I don’t think we’re going through to the knock-out stages - in fact, don't think we'll even finish third and thus make the UEFA Cup.
Woke up this morning in what must the coldest day in history. Got out of bed and instantly froze. No heating coming out of the radiators. That’s weird, I thought. Then started the shower. Water not heating up. That’s weird, I thought. Still no water heating up – in fact, water fucking freezing. Go and look at the meter. No money in meter. Think to myself: “Alex, you stupid cunt, why didn’t you keep an eye on how much was in the meter over the last few days?” So didn’t have a shower. But did need a shave, cos I looked like a fucking caveman. Don’t know if you know what it’s like to shave with freezing cold water, but it’s fucking agony. So I shave and I’m fucking freezing and can’t believe my face hasn’t been cut to ribbons, cos that’s what normally happens when shaving with freezing cold water. So decide to leave for train five minutes earlier than usual cos the house is totally fucking freezing and I think that a walk will at least heat my body up a bit. Get to station in plenty of time and at least my body has warmed up a bit. But the train is late and by the time it arrives I’m totally fucking freezing. So leaving house early wasn’t such a good idea after all. And then, cos train has been delayed, it means that this has given more people down the line the chance to catch it. So train is absolutely packed and there is no way I can get on it. So I have to wait for the next one and the clock is ticking. Eventually it comes and I get on. Not too packed, but the couple standing near to me both have the whiffiest of bad breath – obviously smokers – and I get the full force every time their heads point in my direction. Pure dead smelly.
As it nears London Bridge, people do that weird thing and stand up before the train stops to try and wedge themselves as near to the door as possible. Guy treads on my foot in his stupid attempts. I glare at him – he backs off and apologises.
I get on the Tube and get a seat at next stop – this is good. I take my book out and huge bloke next to me proceeds to snore the fucking roof off. It puts me off reading. In fact, I want to punch his stupid face in. He snores the whole way to Euston – fucker!!
I then try to walk up escalator. Someone in front does the unpardonable and puts their bag on the left hand side so we can’t walk up. Stupid tossers.
I then get hit by a wave of coldness as I leave the station.
I then see two young teenage girls light up fags outside shop just down from work – what a very depressing sight so early in the morning.
I eventually get into work and someone (and I fucking know who) has left the fucking air conditioner on all fucking night – it is totally bollocking freezing. A brass monkey in front of me now has no balls.
I then get a right whingeing bastard on the line for over 30 minutes as my first call.
That arsehold upstairs phones and does what he always does and really winds me up.
The phones are going mental and there is only three out of the eight of us in.
One previously absent colleague has only now, as I write, walked into the office 40 minutes fucking late without any explanation to anyone, including her boss.

Am I in a bad mood? Am I fuck! I'm happy as Larry (who is he, anyway?) cos I'm catching the train to see JJ tonight!

But, for now, back to work!

* It could be The Beatles, Dandy Warhols or Debbie Reynolds, Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor.

13 Comments:

Blogger John said...

You expect the trains to still be running this evening then? No frozen points or signals or wrong leaves on the line? You eternal optimist!

12:40 pm  
Blogger cookie monster said...

in a bit of a mood are we reidski?

did have to giggle to myself about you glaring at the poor clumsy guy! you sure your foul mood had nothing to do with cletic getting tubbed? at least 'wall are doing better although id hate to see them do worse.....

12:41 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

John - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhh, the very thought!!!

cookie - celtic had nothing to do with it. My bad moods concerning football get lifted pretty quickly - football is only football!!

1:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember doing that running out of credit on the meter thing several times at my last place ... nothing like it for making you feel totally out of control of your life ...I am so glad that I live out in the sticks even though it means my season ticket costs a lot I am spared the indiginity of inner London commuting. I have my dose of it when overnighting with my beau and it stinks, man, it stinks. I 'ate it!

3:51 pm  
Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Rant day indeed!!!

Hope JJ cheers as expected - am sure she will!

4:29 pm  
Blogger timesnewroman said...

You fucking lucky bastard! In the past 5 days, the 8:17 ran on time once, was cancelled twice and on both of those occasions they tried to cram 6 carriages worth of people into an already tightly packed 3 caaiages. Boy was I too miffed even to rant about it.

8:11 am  
Blogger timesnewroman said...

"carriages" even

8:11 am  
Blogger J.J said...

I told Reidski I would be ready to give him his very favourite thing to make up for the terrible start to the day he had had.


Funnily enough, although he thanked me for the nice cold pint of lager I had ready and waiting for him he did look slightly disappointed. I'm not sure what else he might of thought I meant?

8:54 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

Messalina - I luv it, this particular morning was a real one-off.

Lisa - she did.

Jim - ha ha.

JJ - you cheeky little devil!

9:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our heating has been busted until yesterday. It was so lovely walking into a house that is warmer inside than the temperature outside.

5:19 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Who is this Alexandra woman who forgot to put money in the meter? Does Jane know about her or have you been cheating on the poor Northants lassie? It's also not gentlemanly to call the woman you live with a "stupid cunt" - totally unnecessary bad language.

12:35 am  
Blogger Nat said...

You should have gone straight back to bed!

Is it winter there already?

I feel for you (while sipping my iced tea in my garden...)

8:38 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

Simon - and just in time for the start of this cold spell.

YP - very unneccessary bad language and so unlike me!

nat - you lucky sod. And, yes, winter has come with a huge cold bang!

12:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home