Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before *

This was shite! The first "goal" did not cross the fucking line - the linesman has got to be a Russian! He wasn't even in line with the goal, but was standing at the 18-yard line when the free-kick was struck! Nevertheless, Millwall were woeful. The only danger for the Bunny Boy in the Northampton goal was from himself or from the defenders who got in his way. Our defenders - and keeper - hoofed the ball upfield to nobody in particular all night. The midfield was non-existant. And the strikers - with the exceptions of Harris - done fuck all work. Before tonight, I thought we were certainties for promotion, but, now, I'm not so sure. I'll keep schtum until about October.

Can you believe I still had a fantastic night? That maybe had something to do with the company I had.

* The Smiths

P.S. Can't believe I'm moaning after only the second competitive game of the season - but, hey, that's football!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger J.J said...

Remind me dearest of your pre match prediction.

4-0 to Millwall?????

As for the first goal - my lips are sealed!

8:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your partner may have been 'offside' here! Yep, first game hell -- Spurs/Sunderland...enough said!

2:17 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

With your moaning you sound a bit like that other Scottish upstart -Andy Murray. Just admit it - The Cobblers were the top dogs on the night. Northampton! Northampton! Ra! Ra! Ra!

5:52 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

I always think it's rude of bloggers not to respond to comments, so apologies for not getting round to this, but here goes ...

JJ - no comment, that is so last month's news!

Marc - she was well offside. You deserved something from Old Trafford, btw, but a magnificent goal, you have to say?

YP - shut it ya northern chube ye :-)

4:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home