Friday, August 31, 2007

No Tears *

Took this week off work as I've plenty of leave left to take before the end of the year. Though, of course, it being a bank holiday week and as my employer gives us extra day's leave at each bank holiday, then only three days leave needed to be taken. That leaves me with another 14 days to take - not enough really, is it?

Anyway, done a few things.

After superb weekend in Cambridge with JJ and a visit to one or two rather lovely pubs, a great meal out on the Saturday night and generally a wonderful time simply walking around that beautiful city, it was back to London.

Can't remember what I done on Monday - probably nothing!

Tuesday was take apart old wardrobe in ex's place and taking it to tip - hard work it was too, I tell you. Reidski isn't really used to hard work, btw, as last time I had a proper job was over 20 years ago.

Wednesday was afternoon in the pub with JJ and then, err, evening in the pub with JJ to watch Celtic in the Champions League. We were not on top form, but scraped through in the end on penalty kicks. And then it was off for a rather scrumptious curry.

Yesterday was paint door for ex followed by us going to an utterly fantastic gig. Okay, the Silversun Pickups may be heavily influenced by the Smashing Pumpkins (even to the extent of having same initials and same ethnic and gender mixture of the best live band ever) but, nevertheless, they know how to enjoy themselves and put on a great live show and make oldies like me want to do more than tap my foot and nod my head in appreciation. As for the venue, I've never been to the Scala before and was well impressed. JJ, we shall be visiting in the near future, I would guess! Anyway, Silversun Pickups - fucking ace!

Today was yet another lazy day, watching athletics and then down the pub for a very shortened visit as I had forgotten to take my wallet with me. Tonight is evening with the boy. Also great on the football front as Gravesen left us yesterday and, as I write, Miller is on his way to Derby - thank fuck for that!

And tomorrow - whooppeeeeeeeeeee - it's off to see Northampton take on Leyton Orient in east London with JJ.

* Psychedelic Furs

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

I think I detected a note of sarcasm in your extended whooppeeeeeeeeeee . At least you can have a nice Leyton Orient pie at halftime - made to an exacting recipe provided by Anthony Worrall-Thompson - a former Millwall ballboy I believe.

1:18 am  
Blogger timesnewroman said...

Home or away end/ends?

11:36 am  
Blogger J.J said...

We couldn't have a pie as by the time we had paid for the tickets YP we only had 32 pence between us...sad but true!

9:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny what you find printed on the labels of bottles of water these days, eh?

1:38 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

YP - no sarcasm, I love going to see the Cobblers. And it was a fantastic game of football.

TNR - away end, but I think it may be where we were sat all those years ago!

JJ - that was really stupid of us. But, then again, I was just looking for a pint and that wasn't on offer for anyone other than the Orient supporters!

11:22 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

And, Messalina - next post for your entertainment!

11:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home