Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Flying Scotsman *

This film, about a bloke from my home town, is out this week. If you like inspirational sporting heroes, then I'm sure you'll like his story. I like this interview and particularly like the quote from Moser, whose world record Obree broke, towards the end of the piece, which also appears in Obree's book. In fact, this quote put a lump in my throat when I read it.

Btw, he didn't build his bike from parts of an old washing machine, he simply used one washer from a washing machine. Nevertheless, it's still quite a story.

* Spear of Destiny

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger timesnewroman said...

That quote is fucking beautiful, pure poetry, marvelous. Thanks for drawing it to my attention

2:45 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Numpty!

9:10 pm  
Blogger timesnewroman said...

Not Numpty its a mental health thing. Unless of course you mean me.

8:41 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Numpty one, numpty two, numpty three... Course I didn't mean you TNR!

9:43 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

now, now, boys - no need for fighting!

11:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home