Sunday, December 04, 2005

Poke Your Eyes Out *

This was well nasty - couldn't believe how blatant it was. And I'm sure Jane wasn't impressed with either the incident or the overall performance of her Cobbler boys.

It was our office Christmas party on Friday night and, despite thinking that a good time was had by all, I'm rather nervous about getting back to work tomorrow morning - well, man of my reputation, I have no idea if I should be embarrassed about anything or not!! (note for Messalina: please don't come into my room on Monday morning asking about any party gossip - it will result in a few red faces). Although it was good to see that she was at the party. I know that I spent far too much of the evening attempting to quote just about every line from the classic film The Warriors - needless to say, it was tedious for everyone within ear shot.

Spent yesterday watching replays of this - what an utterly tremendous display of bowling from Akhtar and Kaneria. So it seems that England, despite the hype from last summer's Ashes series, are not the most brilliant cricketing side the world has ever seen after all. We then had a nice family dinner and evening in front of the telly watching Raiders of the Lost Ark followed by the excellent Family Guy and American Dad.

I've also been picking up on the likes of this, this and this and find that it is no wonder that preparations are under way for this. I also note this story, which, surprise surprise, informs us that imperialist invasions being undertaken as a result of dodgy intelligence advice is nothing new.

Got the house to myself today as 'er indoors has gone to Bluewater for some Christmas shopping and the boy has gone to the cinema with his friend to watch the latest Harry Potter film. So, I'm going to relax in front of the FA cup second round match between Worcester and Huddersfield.

* Warners

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what's the party gossip, then???? Does it involve you or somebody else in your room? I had a great time! Must get Scotty to send me the picture he took of me on his phone wearing three pointy hats and a lot of party popper streamers. Get on aboard, join in, get on the lurv train, lurv train ...

9:15 am  
Blogger J.J said...

Too right I wasn't impressed. The man should be locked up! (And we should have beaten them!!)

10:53 am  
Blogger Frank Partisan said...

Always be low profile at company parties.

Be sure to see Pride and Prejudice. Really good movie.

10:10 pm  
Blogger Frank Partisan said...

I added a link to this site at:


http://advant.blogspot.com


Regards.

4:04 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

cheers renegade - I'll do likewise for you.

8:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home