Sunday, December 11, 2005

Il Buono Il Brutto Il Cattivo *

Washing the dishes this morning and looking out of the window I thought: "Those clouds look well weird. And it's otherwise a cloudless blue sky!" Wasn't until I switched the radio on that I found out that this is causing this. Ho, hum, another day in the industrialised West!

So we need cheering up - how about this? I know it won't please Kev, right enough. In fact, I'm sure he'll concur with my Hibs mate, whose take on it over a pint last night was: "dirty cheating weedgie cunts!" A bit harsh, I thought!

Anyway, to really put a smile on our faces, I would suggest a read at Martyn's post on...smiling. This is a little taster:
"The foundations of the Labour movement in Britain were based on the positive promise that self-organisation could deliver a better life and a better world."

Here, here, we all say.

Unfortunately, a trawl round the rest of the world's news today will wipe the smile right off - try this or this or this, a truly shitty world.

* the one from the soundtrack of this

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to think of you engaged in domestic chores. Luckily that big black plume of smoke is wafting away from my home town, so my little asthmatic poppet will be safe. I think you mean 'hear hear', don't you? Or is that a Scottish expression?

11:41 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

I've always thought it was "here" as in "me over here agrees with you" rather than "I can hear you". I could be wrong, of course, but "hear hear" doesn't make any sense to me whatsover!

My domestic chores: go up at around 11am, saw weekend guests off around 11.10am, put cricket on tellie-box at 11.11am, put computer on at 11.15am and done chores at ... I'll get back to you on that one.

11:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home