Sunday, September 25, 2005

Another Nail In My Heart *

The past few days have been a musical disaster for me. First piece of bad news came on Friday when friend/neighbour/comrade (she's all three) popped round for a chat and drink. During conversation she happens to mention that last Saturday - i.e. when I was up in Scotland visiting pops in traction in hospital (and maybe more of that later) - she had been round to tell me that I was on the guest list for that night's Fire Engines gig at the ICA and that the band were staying at her place, as Davey and the boys do when they're in town (pic courtesy of The Scottish Patient). Shit, shit, shit, shit! So, missed that one.

Then, last night after work and after walk through town and drinks (but no more of the boring fucker who joined me for the first couple of pints - he's now told me the same stories about ten times and I'm not exaggerating), I was leisurely reading gig listings while waiting for train home at London Bridge station about half eight when out popped from the page that night's Gang of Four gig at the Barbican. So too late for that one. Shit, shit, shit, shit!!

Two fucking classics in a week I've missed and I'm not happy.

Happier news arrived on Friday when my mum phoned to say that pops had been able to walk round his hospital bed, albeit with some difficulties. I'll get on the blower today to find out the latest.


* Squeeze

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Williamson said...

Tomorrow afternoon Trash Can Sinatras are playing outside the Scottish Parliament building as part of an event in support of an Independent Scottish Republic. Just thought I'd mention it.

9:33 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:00 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

Another feckin nail in the heart - but I hope it's a guid yin!

10:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home