Saturday, July 24, 2004

I'm A Cuckoo

The boy's birthday and it's been a little laid back so far.  Presents included Gamecube, a midi hi-fi system, Franz Ferdinand and Blink 182 cds and, the highlight, proper Celtic top.
After listening to his new tunes I played him some of my new sounds. I went for a late night trip into town last night, mainly to get a haircut, but couldn't avoid visit to Virgin megastore. I hate that bearded twat Branson, but his shops are good.
Hair's now cut in number three style and new cds are on the decks and a real mixture of old and new they are too.
Representing the new are Alphabetical, Modest Mouse and Killers. The not-so-new are Belle and Sebastian. And the old are Joni Mitchell's Ladies of the Cany0n, Beastie Boys Ill Communication (which contains one of greatest songs ever in Sabotage) and the New York Dolls.
I also purchased the Damnded's vastly underrated Machine Gun Etiquette as birthday pressie for Brizie who I'm seeing later tonight for celebratory drinks in and around Soho.
First up though is party meal out with the boy and his mum at local restaurant.
Tomorrow is the boy's party, which involves taking him and around a dozen of his friends to ice skating in Hackney for the day. It promises to be fun - hope there's a bar.
Just before I go, 'er indoors has just come in with the shopping, part of which is Sainsbury's Chocolate Caramel Shortcakes.  Try them. They are delicious!
And finally. Why all the fuss about Mandelson getting a job as EU commissioner? I think he'll fit in rather nicely with the rest of the scum that represent the fascist superstate project.

4 Comments:

Blogger timesnewroman said...

the kid has more taste than you. Franz and Blink 182 Cool, who the fuck are all those new peoples you bought stuff by? Never heard of any of them, I am obviously getting far too old.

Currently listening to Coltrane and Tinariwen (Who I cam across by accident last night) and a bit of A PerfecT Circle.

6:35 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

Don't come over all funny, postie - please come over me instead!
And jamesy baby, get with the hip sounds, man. You're like soooo lame on the musical knowledge front.

10:22 pm  
Blogger Imposs1904 said...

Don't tell me - I know this one.

2:13 am  
Blogger Imposs1904 said...

I Am Kloot

- and no, I didn't google

7:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home