Saturday, March 07, 2009

In The City *


This pic taken from what I probably consider my favourite spot in the world. The pic doesn't at all do justice to the view one can get from next to the Royal Observatory in Greenwhich, but thought I'd share it with you as it's the first pic I've posted from my new camera, which JJ gave me for Christmas.

And it's got me back to blogging again!

Talking of the Royal Observatory, I've been passing it by for over 20 years now, having spent many days in Greenwich Park since I moved to London in 1988. Can't really beat cycling to the park on a sunny Sunday afternoon with a couple of beers in your bag and settling down to watch the cricket. Yesterday was sunny but couldn't have cycled up the hill to Blackheath, the road once again being dug up all the way from just beyond Wicks right up to the roundabout outside the park. So up the hill we strolled and into the Royal Observatory (well, it's free entry these days - how long before the Tories (for they shall win the next election unfortunately) stop the subsidies of our museums and galleries?). A very pleasant experience, if not mind-blowing. Not such a pleasant experience was the whiff of manure coming from the Rose Garden. But, with around 90 different rose beds for the 90 different roses here, this place will look magnificent come the middle of summer.

Bloody hell, not blogged for about two months and all I go on about is flowers!!

*The Jam

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beats the hell out of posting on politics (yawn....) or football (what's the point?). Nice to see you on 'the decks' again.

2:41 pm  
Blogger Reidski said...

Oh, so you've not seen my next two posts, then?

Get your point though.

2:45 pm  
Blogger J.J said...

And we got to see the ball dropping didn't we dear?

For clarification - the ball drops on top of Greenwich Observatory to let us know it was 1.00pm.

8:38 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

JJ - you know me, I love seeing balls drop ... err, hold on, that sounds a bit dodgy, innit?

10:15 pm  
Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Ha - Cloud and I also enjoyed a visit to see the dropping ball at the Observatory! Great view isn't it? Did you visit the nearby Museum of Fans by any chance?

1:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home