Sunday, February 04, 2007

Download *

Catchy music and songs ... yes, how horrid. You are into it so much for a week or so, playing it non-stop and then ................ you realise it's shit. That's what happened to me with with Oasis and their first album, with Coldplay and that Yellow fuckin crap and the Stereophonics (eh, joking, everything they did is and was shit and I was never into it!)! So, anyway, I've been a bit worried that I've been getting so into The Feeling. Definitely catchy. Definitely poppy. But, it has such quality that I just know that I'll be playing this in years to come. I'm not one for proclaiming albums to be classics when they are released. Hey, fuck, it took me over 30 years before I considered Forever Changes to be a classic. Led Zeppelin were over-indulgent arseholes and not worthy of a listen until my son turned me round. Sparks were just two weird fuckers until it hit me that they were making classic pop songs. So, onto The Feeling again ... love it!

*Super Furry Animals

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger J.J said...

There isn't one track on it I don't really like. It is agreat album - although I was a bit worried when my mum said approvingly 'You can hear all the words too.'

8:23 am  
Blogger J.J said...

P.S. I am not rising to the bait over Stereophonics!

8:23 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

JJ - it really is excellent. Track four reminds me of something, for some strange reason ;-)

JJ - do you wish to tell us something about the worst band ever?

11:14 am  
Blogger Reidski said...

And forgot to say, JJ, your mum is obviously as hip as we are!

2:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home