Tuesday, May 17, 2005

London Calling

There I was, minding my own business, quenching my thirst after a session in the gym by having a pint on my own as usual (Messalina had left to catch her train out to the sticks by this time) and who should walk into the pub but Darren from Inveresk Street. Well, blow me down with a feather, didn't expect that to happen. Ah, I can hear you ask: "If you have never met him before, how did you know it was him?" Easy, being an avid reader of Perspective, I recognised him from this straightaway. Just screw your eyes up a bit and there's no mistaking that hairy face.
Anyway, it transpired that Darren was in the big city to see his old/new friend Kara, who writes about stuff here, who was in town from across the Atlantic in New York to see her old/new friend Darren. A heartwarming tale to be said about this, but I'll just leave it there for now.
So, had an extremely pleasant couple of pints with Darren and, as he has already commented on his blogthang, jokes, fitba and lefty stuff were the subjects of our evening.
Hope we can do that again! And, hopefully, others can join in next time. Whaddya say?

4 Comments:

Blogger timesnewroman said...

Nah, fed up discussing football wi Celtic fans (Do it all the time at work) Youse are usually dead smug, jist because all the ither teams ye huv tae play are shite!

On the muisc and politics bit count me in sometime

6:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I entertain you with tales from coca cola league 2? OK, touch of poetic licence with use of word 'entertain', but please humour me. I suffer enough as it is supporting Northampton town!

Jane.

8:52 am  
Blogger Alister said...

He walked into the same pub as you in London, and you recognised him from that picture? Unbelievable.

4:48 pm  
Blogger Imposs1904 said...

I'm definitely up for that pint the next time I'm in London, or the next time you are visiting back up the road.

What's Jim getting upset about? As I remember it, the only lull in the conversation was when we were both trying to think of at least one great Kilmarnock player in the last twenty years. Christ, that silence was the longest ten minutes in my life. ;-)

11:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home