Questions & Answers *
Blogworld, as I'm sure you know, is full of questionnaires and lists. I found this survey-thingy here, who found it here, so thanks to those two lovely bloggers. You can only read this one, though, if you have a look at every picture and story that I provide a link for, okay?? And, before you ask, I've done this cos I had nothing better to do.
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says.
"Tom, scowling, opening his mouth, closed it without having said anything,
cleared his throat, put the scowl off his face, and spoke with a husky sort of
That's Dashiell Hammett's The Maltese Falcon, which 'er indoors has just finished.
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?
Letter from the boy's school announcing the theatre club's trip to see Twelfth Night at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre next month.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
A very quick glimpse of the breakfast news this morning, but, before that, Desperate Housewives on E4+1 last night.
4. WITHOUT LOOKING, guess what time it is?
5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
The Raincoats doing that stunning cover version of Lola.
7. When did you last step outside? what were you doing?
This morning at 7.17am to go to work.
8. Before you came to this website, what did you look at?
A music download site to see if F the CC (the only track from Steve Earle's The Revolution Starts Now that I don't have) was available - it wasn't (shit).
9. What are you wearing?
Grey socks, blue tracksuit trousers, red adidas t-shirt - yes, I'm this.
10. Did you dream last night?
11. When did you last laugh?
At work today when relating a telephone conversation with someone who had been complaining about conferences targeted at and for gay and lesbian people, black people and women and saying that "white, male heterosexuals are an oppressed minority" and that there are few conferences for this section of society.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
A couple of paintings done by the mater of 'er indoors, a very nice mirror, a brilliant portrait of the boy painted by one of my siblings, some strange but nice Indian prints and various pictures of the boy in various stages of his life (favourite being one of him when he was 1, lying on bed looking at camera with ace smile on his face).
13. Seen anything weird lately?
This going down here in the middle of the day in the middle of the street in front of everyone walking past.
14. What do you think of this quiz?
15. What is the last film you saw?
At the cinema: Downfall.
On the telly: I think it was the absolutely awful and embarrassing Gangs of New York.
16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?
Pint of this and this.
17. Tell me something about you that I don't know?
I was in therapy for a year.
18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
Reintroduce this to the menu at Ibrox stadium. I'm informed that this particular item was removed from the menu in the executive suite's restaurant cos its named after a pope!
19. Do you like to dance?
No, always hated doing this - but known to do it in my y0unger days when in this state.
20. George Bush: is he a power-crazy nutcase or some one who is finally doing something that has needed to be done for years?
Don't know about power-crazy, but, yes, I do think of him as a nutcase, but not necessarily because of his politics, more about his religious beliefs. And he is doing no different from any of his predecessors have done over the last 90 years or so.
21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
23.Would you ever consider living abroad?
No, although, having lived here for the first 23 of my life, but, now, living here for the last 17 years, I am kind of abroad anyway.
* Biffy Clyro - really must buy some of this band's music. In fact, I think I'll do it tomorrow - well, it is pay day.